Are you stuck in a quandary over what to get loved ones and friends for the Jewish New Year? Have no fear, Daily Jews' Rosh Hashanah gift guide is here.
1. You'll want to wish everyone a sweet new year? Well it doesn't get sweeter than with some honey. Make it a right royal new year with some honey from Prince Charles' Duchy Originals range. Duchy's Heather Honey comes from the Balmoral Estate in Scotland and is available in Sainsbury's and gourmet retailers.
For more info, check out: www.duchyoriginals.com
2. If you want to get someone a new outfit – maybe a smart new top for shul – both guys and girls can grab a great merino wool jumper at Japanese clothing store Uniqlo. This 100% soft woollen delight comes in a range of different colours and styles. Priced at £19.99, it's a stylish bargain.
Check: www.uniqlo.co.uk for details of your nearest branch.
3. It's traditional to wear a white yarmulke to shul on Rosh Hashanah – so why not treat yourself to a new head covering for the occasion? Any Judaica store should have a good range, or why not get a family member
to knit one for you?
4. Something to read, perhaps? Why not pick up the Art Scroll machzor for Rosh Hashanah, which makes a great gift for the High Holy days. Coming from an Orthodox perspective, it offers a great insight into
the service and the reason behind the prayers we say in shul. There's also lots of notes on Rosh Hashanah traditions and customs.
For more information, visit: www.artscroll.com
5. Buy a Jewish music CD for the High Holy Days – and coincidentally Jewish musician Craig Taubman has just released one. Inscribed features his interpretation of 13 Rosh Hashanah-themed songs, including L'Dor Vador, Eliyahu and Hiney Anochi. And if you can't make it to shul this year, at least you can hear the songs at home.
Further information: www.craignco.com